Sunday, August 31, 2008

Fireworks!

So tonight marked the official end of the Fringe Festival, which is rather sad. On the one hand it's nice to have the masses of tourists leaving, but the festival was also really fun. I loved walking down the street and seeing jugglers and street performers (and Braveheart!) and people in crazy costumes, and contemplating which shows to go to. I'm glad I got to go to two shows with Dominic, and under different circumstances I'm sure I would have gone to more of them, but being home was more important.

Things here so far have been good. Jessica and Allen (a.k.a. "Pookish") gave me a bouquet of flowers, which was extremely nice of them. Tomorrow I need to find a vase of some sort to put them in. I also got a lovely card from Lydia, which was very nice. Most people I guess know the reason why I was gone for a week, so they're all being wonderfully nice.

Flowers from Jessica and Pookish
*
After dinner tonight we headed to watch the fireworks over on North Bridge. They were pretty good, although we couldn't hear the music very well from where we were, so the synchronization was a bit lost on us. Hopefully next year we can plan earlier and get tickets to get into the gardens, which is nearer to the music.

Fireworks!
*
One of my cooler firework shots
*
Anik & Jessica
*
Jessica & I, stolen from Anik
*
Tomorrow it's back to class, then there's a week and 2 days left before we have to start studying for our first exam. Fortunately it doesn't count, especially given my circumstances, but I'd still like to do well, so I'll be studying lots in the next week. At least we have all of Wednesday and Thursday off next week to study for it, and this week seems pretty low key in terms of classes.

Anyway, I think I need to go to bed early to avoid horrendous jet lag problems tomorrow during class, so goodnight!

No comments: