Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Final Day

So tomorrow is my last ever day at Neponset. I had some good times, and some bad times. But I've honestly come to appreciate Neponset more than I thought I would when I first started working there. I really did learn a lot, and met some amazing people whom I will truly miss. Here are some pictures of some good times and good people.

Silvana with one of my favorite patients, Sandy (Sooo cute!)

Me (really awful pic, ugh) and Anne chilling with her dog, Nigel

Mandee and Misty with Kris Kringle

John taking a dance break during a procedure. :)

Joanne and Pudgy

So, while yes, 90% of me is thrilled and ecstatic that I'm free as of tomorrow evening, the other 10% of me will miss it. I realized when I was saying goodbye to certain people that I really am sad that I may not ever see them again. I'd like to say that I'll go back and visit some day, but honestly knowing how awful I am at keeping in touch, it's going to take enough of my energy to keep in touch with my best friends, much less my ex-coworkers, however much I do like them. But who knows, maybe going to Edinburgh will force me to learn to keep in touch, because after all, if I don't keep in touch with people, I'm going to have no friends when I come back.

Anyway, I wish I was just leaving for Edinburgh right after I leave work, but the waiting is killlling me, and I'm afraid that in my "vacation" of sorts I'm going to get bored. But, as of right now, I'm looking forward to having time to be sufficiently bored :)

Anyway. I should sleep, so I'm not suffering through my last day. Night all!

No comments: