Credit to Anik for the idea of using fat-free cottage cheese instead of fat-free ricotta (which we couldn't find), and to Adele for making me a Ciabatta of different design last week, which inspired me :)
Later will come a proper update, of recent events and things, but now I have to study, so this is all you get for today!
2 servings (and 5 Weightwatchers Points, if you're interested)
- Sundried tomatoes (a small handful per person), strained and chopped up into bite-sized chunks (save the oil on the side, and capers if desired)
- 1/2 Ciabatta loaf (about 5-6 inches long)
- 2-3 cups Baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1/3 cup Pine nuts
- 3 Tbsp fat free cottage cheese
- 1 tsp ground basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Cut Ciabatta loaf like a sandwich, and spread open-faced onto a baking sheet.
- Mash basil into cottage cheese, until chunks of cheese are small and basil is mixed throughout. Drizzle oil from strained tomatoes over loaves. Pile on top spinach (removing stems if desired), and distribute tomato chunks, (capers if desired), and small dollops of cottage cheese mixture evenly over tops.
- Place on middle rack of oven for 15-20 minutes (when bread has just started to toast around the edges, and spinach has wilted)
- While baking, toast pine nuts over low-medium heat, stirring constantly, until light brown on both sides. IMMEDIATELY remove from heat and set aside. (Note: these burn VERY easily, so you must stir constantly and remove no more than 60 seconds after nuts begin to darken).
- Remove ciabatta from oven and sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve!